To coincide with headlining her first Celtic festival at Los Angeles’ St. David’s Day Celebrations in Hollywood, Meinir Gwilym will be releasing her North American debut album. Featuring duets with world famous opera star Bryn Terfel, the album is a mix of celtic, folk and pop, and aims to introduce Meinir’s brand of Welsh music – from the traditional to the modern Celtic – to a new audience.
- Will be released on March 1st, Wales’ Patron Saint’s Day
- Titled ‘Celt’ will be available in record shops, and online
- Features some of Meinir’s favourite Welsh folk songs, previously unreleased English tracks written by Meinir, and classic duets with the best bass-baritone in the world.
A quote from Meinir’s management- “We’re very excited to be showcasing Meinir’s music in North America. Since releasing her first work in 2002, she’s built up a massive following in Wales and throughout Europe. We’ve been receiving a lot of enquiries from North America, so now is a great time to be releasing an album out there.”
If you wish to receive a promo copy, please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welsh descendants and Welsh ex-pats will all converge on the Cinefamily Silent Movie Theater in Hollywood, California on March 1st for the 2014 Los Angeles St. David’s Day Festival-Grand Concert. The festival promises to be a smashing hit with headliner Meinir Gwilym (Llangristiolus, Anglesey) making her North American debut.
- Also included in the Concert - Christopher D. Lewis, Welsh Choir of Southern California, Aedan MacDonnell, Welsh language workshops, Welsh food, gifts, book releases, and kids crafts.
- "I’m very excited to see the reaction of attendees when Meinir Gwilym takes the stage." Festival Curator Lorin Morgan-Richards states, "There is no greater musician right now that has yet to perform in the states.” Meinir will be performing songs from her new album. “The Cinefamily Silent Movie Theater is a historic venue that has seen many famous faces grace its stage, and being in Hollywood, we’ve also had generous support from Welsh stars like Michael Sheen, Ioan Gruffudd, Henry Thomas, and Richard Burton’s and Frank Lloyd Wright’s families."
For more information about the festival visit: www.aravenabovepress.com or media requests for Meinir Gwilym contact: email@example.com
Born and raised in the heart of ‘Ynys Mon’ (the Isle of Anglesey), singer-songwriter Meinir Gwilym has established herself as one of the best selling Welsh language artists ever. Her first release Smôcs, Coffi a Fodca Rhad (Cigarrettes, Coffee and Cheap Vodka) in 2002 met with phenomenal response with her unique voice and punchy lyrics, Celtic/acoustic/folk-rock/pop being hailed as one of the most original and inspired compilations to come out of Wales in years. The follow-up album Dim ond Clwydda (Nothing but Lies) sold thousands within the first few months of release in November 2003. Meinir Gwilym has appeared at all major festivals in Wales, and performs either with her multicultural band in larger venues or on her own, acoustically at small events.
With her no-gimmicks image, she gets inspiration from everyday life, locally and worldwide and composes all her own songs.
Meinir is endorsed by Yahama, and has received numerous awards for her music and her songwriting.